Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What's For Dinner?

Well, it's not Monday, but I'm gonna share this week's menu anyway :)
Also, I have a number of people asking me for recipes lately, and I am terrible about actually getting back to them, so I'm gonna try to include a recipe to go along with our menu each week. I'll also include links to those recipes I got off line. Enjoy...

Monday
Smothered Fries

Tuesday
Tilapia Coubeioun (recipe below)
Asparagus

Wednesday
Burrito Casserole

Thursday
Korean Ribs
Jasmine Rice

Friday
Boudain  Stuffed Chicken
Broccoli and Cauliflower

**********************************
Catfish or Shrimp Coubeioun
This is my Maw-Maw Fontenot's recipe, and it is delicious, easy, and not diet food :) Matthew doesn't like catfish or shrimp unless they are fried, so I am using tilapia in effort to make it a little drier and flakier. You could actually use chicken too, but Maw-Maw and Dad would never approve of wasting such an incredible sauce on such meat.

In a heavy skillet, mix
1 stick of butter, melted
1 onion, diced small
2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 can of tomato sauce
Saute until everything is tender and well-mixed.

Add 
2 cans of water (fill the tomato sauce can twice)
Simmer for 10 minutes or so.


Add
1 1/2 pounds protein
1-2 Tablespoons cornstarch to thicken
Cook over Medium-High heat until protein is ready.


Serve over rice, and enjoy something different tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment