Sunday, July 24, 2011

What's for Dinner??

Well last week's menu didn't go quite as planned because my dad got into a motorcycle wreck, and I spent most of my dinner times at the hospital. He is home now recovering, and my family is recovering from a week's worth of fast food and grilled cheese. That being said, I will be reusing most of last week's menu this week, but I do have a couple of changes. What are you cooking?

Monday
Boudain Stuffed Chicken Breast (recipe last week)
Broccoli and Cauliflower
Crescent Rolls

Tuesday
Steak Kabobs
Grilled Asparagus
Couscous

Wednesday
Tacos
Guacamole 
Black Beans
Spanish Rice

Thursday
Salmon Patties (recipe below)
Baked Fries

Friday
Fried Backstrap
Mashed Potatoes
Black Eyed Peas

Saturday
Indoor Crab Boil (bonus recipe below)

****************************
Salmon Patties

I am not a fish person, so the thought of making salmon patties always seemed yucky to me. I had heard Matthew talk about his mom's for years, so one day I decided to surprise him with some. I searched a number of recipes and combined them to come up with this surprisingly delicious, quick and easy meal. Enjoy!

1 can of salmon NOT DRAINED (I like the Honey Boy brand)
1 small onion, grated (grating it is the secret to getting the most flavor and the least texture)
2 Tablespoons dried parsley
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
salt and pepper
butter for frying

Mix eggs, salt & pepper, grated onion, parsley, salmon with juice, and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
Use your hands to make sure everything is well combined.
Pat into patties. (This makes 8-12)
Roll patties in remaining bread crumbs.
Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium heat.
Nothing is actually having to cook here, so fry them until they are just golden brown.
Set on a paper towel to soak up any excess grease.

Serve with baked fries for a quick and easy meal :)

************************
Indoor Crab Boil

So this isn't really a recipe, and it's not really a crab boil either :) However, I will throw it in for a freebie in case you need something else that is super quick and easy.

gumbo or soup pot
crab boil seasoning
sausage links (I use Zummo's)
potatoes, quartered
corn on the cob
onions, chopped

Throw all the food in your gumbo pot with a little (or a lot of) crab boil seasoning and fill it up with water. Boil it until the potatoes and corn are done. Voila! You've got the taste of crawfish boil without the mess or the money :)

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say that when you have a recipe that has the word "BOUDAIN" in it, I am SOOOO jealous!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete