Friday, July 1, 2011

Welcome

Another week has passed, and that means it's time for Five Minute Friday.
I have been trying to get this five minutes all day, so here it goes...
This week's topic is WELCOME

I want to be more patient and kind and talk about how I love to welcome people into my home and how it totally makes me happy to host get togethers, but all I can think of right now is how I welcome this few minutes of peace and quiet. Supper is cooking, and I pawned the kids off on Daddy for a few minutes, and welcome is exactly what I would like to say to this little bit of solace in this absolutely wild week.

It hasn't been bad at all, but it has been so loud and crazy! We had VBS Sunday through Wednesday, and adding those hours on top of our normal insanity was just enough to push me over the edge of calm and patient with the kids. 

I was hoping to get away tonight after the hubby got home from work, but I am still here. So while potatoes boil, toddlers sing songs, pre schoolers color, and babies whine, I am sitting quietly in the back room for just a moment....and there goes my phone :) It was great while it lasted.

Hope you (and I) have an amazingly blessed and relaxed 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment